Masthead header

Megan and Harrison Briley Outdoor Newborn Session { Fort Smith AR Newborn Photographer }




This is Megan and her sweet baby boy, Harrison. Megan has shared a birth story with us. Check it out below.



“My Little Miracle”


For years I was told that I may have difficulty getting pregnant. As a young girl I didn’t worry too much about it, that was until my husband and I decided we wanted to start a family. It was only two months prior to finding out I was expecting, that my doctor had just told us I probably wouldn’t be able to have a child. He saw my chances of getting pregnant as slim, and my changes of a miscarriage high. Apparently God had a different plan. My pregnant experience was anything but smooth but oh so worth it. I experienced 16 weeks of extreme morning sickness- extreme enough to lose 30 pounds. After I was able to maintain the sickness, my pregnancy was pretty easy. At 33 weeks I was already dilated to a one, at 35 weeks I was at a two. Things were happening slowly but just a little too early. At 37 weeks I started having some contractions and high blood pressure. I went to the hospital to get checked out. I was dilated at only a three, but having small contractions. Normally they would have just sent me home, but my blood pressure was so high, it was dangerous. I was diagnosed with severe pre-eclampsia and told we needed to induce or I could end up having a seizure. They ensured me my baby was far along enough that everything would be fine and that this was necessary to save my life. In order to prevent my blood pressure from getting worse and causing a seizure I was given an IV for fluids, blood pressure meds, and magnesium. The magnesium helps prevent the seizures and basically makes you feel like you have the worse flu ever. I had to stay on it for up to 24 hours after delivery. My labor experience lasted 30 hours and ended in a c-section. My beautiful baby boy was 5 lbs 10 oz and 19.5 inches long. As soon as Harrison was born, he was taken to the NICU because his stats were dropping and he was not breathing on his own. I was so drugged on the magnesium that I really didn’t know what was going on and had to wait 24 hours after he was born to even see him. He was already two weeks old the first time I ever got to hold my precious boy. That was the hardest thing for me. It broke my heart that I was not able to hold him in my arms for so long. After 2 and a half weeks he was finally breathing on his own without any ventilators or oxygen and was able to go home. Harrison is now a handsome and healthy 8 week little boy. I am so blessed to be his mommy and I will always Cherish my little miracle.
Check it out on our website:

Fort Smith Newborn Photographer Fort Smith Newborn Photographer Fort Smith Newborn Photographer Fort Smith Newborn Photographer Fort Smith Newborn Photographer Fort Smith Newborn Photographer Fort Smith Newborn Photographer Fort Smith Newborn Photographer Fort Smith Newborn Photographer

Share onFacebook Tweet toTwitter Pin onPinterest EmailSubscribe

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *